Transform Your Relationship Overnight with Acceptance
Acceptance is a foundational piece for creating a long-term loving relationship. Now this isn’t about accepting bad behavior or abuse. This is about accepting a person for exactly who they are… warts and all.
Just as you would want to be accepted.
When you accept a man just as he is, you tell him that he matters and you want him. There is nothing more exciting, endearing, sexy, and alluring to a man than a woman who “gets” him, knows his imperfections, and still wants him.
Affection is always greater than perfection. Who wouldn’t give up a little perfection to have a lot more affection? But we’re scared to make that trade.
Most of us have a little scared kid inside us, and that child plays havoc with our adult choices. This little kid says one thing, and the adult does another, because the two of them haven’t really integrated. The little kid has to do its part and consciously work on connecting their adult with their kid so there is less friction between them.
Non-acceptance is the biggest source of stress between Scared Kid and Mature Adult. The scared kid inside your guy just wants to be held, loved, and accepted, while the Mature Adult feels that he’s too old and cool for that kind of thing.
But he’s not. And you’re not. Both of you want to be cherished and loved for the true you, and accepted for the person you are, faults and all.
Here’s how to help your man feel accepted. Doing these five things will also teach him to accept you:
- Listen without judgment. Let him talk, and don’t say anything until he’s done and you’ve had a moment to process what he says. THEN validate what he’s said and open a discussion.
- Never criticize, belittle, or make fun of him. These are total relationship killers).
- Don’t tell him how to do things. If you’re driving, and he takes a route that makes no sense to you, stay quiet. We men think differently than you do, and we have a method to our madness, especially while driving.
- Show him you respect him. The biggest complaint I hear from my fellow guys is that they don’t feel respected by their women.
- Let him do his thing. If he wants to go out with his buddies, let him. He’ll come home more in love with you than ever.
We all have our faults and quirks that drive our partners nuts. Learn to love your man’s unique imperfections, just as you want him to accept and love yours. Loving someone and accepting him is recognizing these conflicting parts and saying I’m here, you matter, I’m not going anywhere, and we’ll get through this.
Leave a Reply